What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a type of direct marketing that promotes products and services through email. One of the top benefits of using email marketing is that it has the highest ROI of all forms of marketing. Email is an effective way to connect with customers, create new leads and clients, build brand loyalty, close sales, create brand awareness, and more.
Top benefits of Email Marketing
- Attracts new leads and customers.
- Builds credibility.
- Increases brand awareness.
- Boosts sales and revenues.
- Improves customer relationships.
- Optimizes your time and budget.
- Measurable results (open rate, CTR, CR, bounce rate, ROI and more).
6 best practices to improve your Email Marketing campaigns
1# Ensure your email shares valuable and interesting information
Focus on the users and get to know their interests, behaviors, activity, etc. That way, you can focus on generating a conversation instead of sending a simple communication lacking in value. Write with openness and a friendly tone that is aligned with your brand voice. In fact, 88% of users agree they are more likely to respond to an email favorably if it looks like it has been specifically created for them.
2# Use authentic subject lines
Respect the audience by being transparent, coherent and truthful with your emails. Don’t try to trick your audience with misleading subject lines or content because you can lose them if they mark your email as spam, or they can even delete it.
Some tips to make your subject lines engaging:
- Keep it short and clear: between 6 and 10 words.
- Be personal and approachable by addressing your audience by their name.
- Try to use casual language such as “how was your day?” or, ”I hope you had a great weekend”.
- Offer a quick solution such as a tool, checklist, practices, tips, etc.
- Build curiosity.
- Tell a story.
- The use of popular and appealing words like trends, top, best, practices, ways, etc.
- Use numbers: Statistics in email subject lines that including numbers tend to have higher open rates and reply rates.
- Test emojis and soft trigger words accurately.
3# Organize and segment your database
Get an understanding of your audience and create audience groups according to their interest, demographics, behaviors, interaction with your website, etc. so you can personalize the communication of each group which significantly increases your results. Influencer Marketing Hub says, 90% of marketers report a measurable lift in business results, attributable to personalization, and 58% say that lift is greater than 10%.
Segmentation occurs in CRM, where your list of contacts is stored. You can segment your database in multiple ways and aspects: target audience (or buyer persona), customer journey stage, interaction with your brand (opened an email, liked a Facebook post, requested more information, etc.), channel, product interest (in case you have more than one) and workflows.
4# Split testing as a strength
A/B testing provides insights about the winning aspects that your email campaign should have in order to achieve higher performance. While you test different variations such as subject lines, headlines, images, CTA’s, the best day to send, etc. You can then figure out which aspects work best for your audience, so you can adapt your efforts accordingly with them. Hence, your target will receive your email and be more likely to open it and interact with it, so you can boost lead generation, get lower bounces, and increase the effectiveness of your marketing.
5# Optimize your landing page
When a lead clicks on a CTA and is forwarded to your landing page, it means that you have achieved the trickiest step: making leads feel interested in what you’re offering. Sounds great, doesn’t it? Now, it’s time to keep their attention and make them fulfill the action you’ve prepared for. In fact, there are some principal elements that a landing page must have:
- Big, strong and short headline with a clear offer.
- Brief of the offer benefits and short description.
- Visuals such as relevant videos and pictures.
- Share options for social media. Let the leads talk about your brand.
- Focus on retaining their attention and making them convert.
- Include customer testimonials and reviews to generate trust.
- Appealing and compelling CTA which drives the leads to take action.
- Include your contact number or email address to provide customer support.
6# Use Email automation
Email marketing automation is nothing more than an automatized process of emails related to one specific campaign. Email automation is created by workflows in which users will go through and depending on the actions they have made with the emails, they will receive another email according to their data and specific behavior. So automation allows businesses to send the right emails to the right leads at the right time based on the information collected through the workflows.
Some benefits of using Email Automation:
- Create segmented email lists.
- Convert prospects to leads and leads to customers.
- Improve engagement with leads and clients.
- Increase efficiency based on return on investment.
- Enhance lead nurturing and lead scoring.
- Improve sales funnel view.
- Increase knowledge of your database.
- Enhance relationships with the customers.
Best Email campaigns
15366 Australia (AU) – LifePoints (Responsive)
15077 Argentina (AR) – ClickSeguros (Responsive)
15131 Canada (CA) – Wisebingo – $200 Casino Voucher (Responsive)
15311 Italy (IT) – Liberadora – Risolvi I Tuoi Debiti (Responsive)
15070 France (FR) – Shampora (Responsive)
14034 Mexico (MX) – Crezu – Prestamos Personales (Responsive)
13888 Norway (NO) – Nabo Flirt (Responsive) – Email Marketing
13025 United States (US) – FreeScore 360 (Responsive)
14833 United States (US) – The Found Money Guide (Responsive)
12277 United States (US) – Identity Essentials (Responsive)